TU Law’s graduate LL.M. curriculum focuses on energy and natural resources law, environmental law, Indian (Native American) self determination, and tribal economic development.
As a result, TU Law offers three different LL.M. degrees:
- Energy & Natural Resources Law,
- American Indian and Indigenous Law, and
- LL.M degree in American Law for Foreign Graduates
Degree Candidates pursuing these courses of study will have many interdisciplinary opportunities, and benefit from TU’s legacy as a center for research and its diverse programs in energy engineering, energy business, energy and environmental law and policy, and Indian law, and information security. TU Law offers unmatched resources for a lawyer seeking an advanced degree. These resources include:
- Specialized library collection in Indian and indigenous law, energy law, and natural resource law
- Full time professors who are experts in these areas and who are published in the
- Certificates in Native American Law and Sustainable Energy and Resource Law
- The Helmerich Center for American Research, a internationally renowned resource for academic research on the American West, and Indian issues
- Externships at dozens of energy companies, Tribes, courts and law firms (Tulsa remains home to large parts of the energy business, and is in the heart of Indian Country)
- An exceptionally deep and broad curriculum that is unmatched
The LL.M. programs also offer opportunities to network and interact with TU Law’s Sustainable Energy & Resources Law (SERL) program Board of Visitors: Indian, energy, environmental and natural resources professionals in the midst of prestigious careers and TU student groups such as the Native American Law Students Association, the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, and REELS: Resources, Energy and Environmental Law Society.
These LL.M. degrees are designed to provide an in-depth opportunity for immersed, in-person research and study for those already possessing a law degree. The degrees are offered by The University of Tulsa College of Law, a fully accredited, non-profit, private university. Tulsa Law is a recognized leader in Indian, Energy, Environmental and Natural Resources law education.